Professional Tooth Whitening
Professional tooth whitening offers an easy and quick way to improve your appearance. This affordable treatment can help boost self-esteem and self-confidence. Many people often associate whiter smiles with being healthier and younger so it’s understandable that this is one of our most common cosmetic treatments. Our Enlighten gentle whitening system provides guaranteed results, with an attractive and natural appearance achieved.
Enlighten Tooth Whitening
We use the Enlighten tooth whitening system as it's been proven to be highly effective and can lighten teeth to the whitest and brightest shade. Treatment is simple and effective and can be completed in just a few straightforward steps over a short period of time.
- The process begins with the construction of your custom-made whitening trays. Our Dentist will take impressions of your mouth so the whitening trays can be fabricated.
- Once the whitening trays are completed we will check they are comfortable and that they fit tightly over your teeth, ensuring the whitening gel will not leak out.
- We'll supply you with the Enlighten whitening gel. We will show you exactly how much gel to use in the trays, and how to correctly seat the trays in your mouth over your teeth so you get the best from this premium system.
- All you need to do is to use the whitening trays for the prescribed amount of time each day. This could be just one hour or even overnight for just a couple of weeks.
- It's important to follow our instructions as they are designed to make sure you whiten safely and comfortably. If your teeth are particularly sensitive then we have special toothpastes and gels to help increase comfort during treatment.
On average after two weeks you will return to see our Dentist to assess the success of treatment. At this stage you can choose to have a booster treatment at our clinic. This uses a higher strength of whitening gel to help maximise the whiteness of your new smile. Once treatment is complete you can prolong the results by using Enlightens evo-white stain removing toothpaste. Tooth whitening is not permanent. But all you need to do is maintain the results periodically, using your custom-made whitening trays and top up at home.
If you are interested in tooth whitening then you will need a full consultation with one of our Dentists. They will need to examine your teeth and gums to make sure you are suitable for tooth whitening.
Our Dentists can also explain the type of results that can be reasonably achieved, as some shades of teeth will bleach more easily. Certain teeth might not respond to bleaching, for example if they have darkened due to root canal treatment. If this is the case, then we may recommend covering up these teeth with veneers so they blend in with your newly whitened smile.