PATIENT SAFETY CHARTER | SAFE SOLUTIONS
At Changing Faces we have a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment.
It is also a culture that is open and fair, where my team members can discuss the challenges that face them at work for the best interests of our patients. For patient safety we:
- Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines from the Department of Health
- Use dental instruments that are single use or are sterilised after use
- Decontaminate work areas including the dental chair, hand-held equipment and cupboard handles, in between patients
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewelry
- Monitor practice water for quality; dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear
- Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate carriers
- Take expert advice if a team member may have a blood borne infection; the team member will have an occupational health examination and follow the advice on his/her role in treating patients
- As a member of the Confederation of Dental Employers (CODE), our principal Dentists ensure our teams keep up to date with the latest guidelines and regulations. For continual improvements in care, service and safety to our patients we also run a clinical governance system from CODE called iCOMPLY.
- As the Registered Managers, our principal Dentists have overall responsibility at the clinic. They lead and support our dental teams through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. From filling gaps left behind after tooth loss to a facial lift, the expertise of our team means we can find an individual and safe solution for everyone.